“Effective litigation advocacy is so much more than effectively arguing a single case, it is taking the time to understand my clients’ goals and the challenges they face – then skillfully working to enhance the former and diminish the latter.”
Mr. Tomlin joined Cummins & White, LLP in 2021. Mr. Tomlin litigates on behalf of businesses and individuals in both State and Federal courts throughout California and Washington states. Mr. Tomlin’s civil litigation practice includes construction defect, contractor payment disputes, jobsite injury claims, corporate shareholder and partnership disputes, real estate, intellectual property and commercial litigation.
Mr. Tomlin’s practice also includes general business counseling and risk management. Assisting businesses in both navigating present risks and creating strategic risk mitigation plans.
With a multi-jurisdictional practice, Mr. Tomlin has a unique perspective on both local and regional impacts upon businesses, allowing him to present creative and efficient client solutions. Mr. Tomlin is experienced in taking cases to trial, arbitration and through appeal.
California State Bar Association
U.S. District Court (Southern District of California)
U.S. District Court (Central District of California)
Washington State Bar Association
U.S. District Court (Western District of Washington)
B.S. Business Administration, University of California, Riverside
J.D. California Western School of Law
American Bar Association
King County Bar Association
Master Builders Association of King and Snohomish Counties
Mr. Tomlin and his family support several regional and local charities and regularly volunteer with the Assistance League of the Eastside supporting the needs of underprivileged children and victims of assault and homelessness.
- U.S. District Court (Southern, Central, Eastern & Northern Districts of California)
- U.S. District Court of Arizona
- U.S. District Court of Nebraska
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Chubb Group of Insurance Companies
- Allianz Group
- Great American Insurance Group
- Greer & Kirby Co., Inc.
- Frontier Investment Corporation
- Technical Risk Underwriters
- Philadelphia Insurance Companies
- State Bar of California
- Orange County Bar Association
- The Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel (FDCC)
- Property Loss Research Bureau (PLRB)
- Loss Executives Association (LEA)
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
Mr. Arnold was appointed by California Governor George Deukmejian to the Board of Directors of the 32nd District Agricultural Association (Orange County Fair) in 1983, and served as its president in 1987 and 1992. He was also founding director of the Newport National Little League.