Real Estate Agent/Broker Legal Support
Cummins & White’s real estate agent legal support program allows your agents to do what they do best—sell real estate—while knowing they can call an attorney if questions arise during a transaction. Through this program, your agents will have quick, convenient access to premium legal services, privileges, and support. We are confident you will see our Legal Support Program is right for you and will help your agents stand out from the competition.
The legal support program provides your agents with access to Cummins & White’s real estate attorneys via telephone and email access seven days per week for issues relating to:
- Interpretation of California Association of Realtors contracts;
- Explanations of recent case law, statutory changes and/or updates, and regulatory law, including pertinent Department of Real Estate opinions or directives;
- Assistance with disclosure obligations; and
- General guidance, as needed, concerning specific real estate transactions, including short sales, bank-owned sales, and equity sales.
We want to ensure that your agents understand the pertinent legal framework of the California real estate industry, freeing you and your office manager to focus on other office details. We do that not only by providing agents access to our attorneys via email or telephone, but also by providing updates about recent cases and statutory changes through quarterly newsletters and two seminars each year. The seminars will be presented in your office and with an unlimited Question & Answer session for your agents.
Success-Based Fee Structure
Our success-based fee structure allows you to sign up for the program with your agents paying a one-time annual fee only if they close a transaction during the program. This provides your agents with access to unlimited legal questions related to real estate transactions whether or not they close a deal. When they close their first transaction, the affordable annual fee applies and can be quickly and easily deducted from the agent’s commission.
While the Legal Support Program is primarily focused on agents and their real estate transactions, there also are specific benefits for brokers, including:
- Reduced Insurance Costs. Present this “risk management” program to your Errors & Omissions insurance carrier and ask for a reduction in policy premium.
- Increased Efficiency. Allowing Cummins & White real estate attorneys to answer contract and legal questions.
- Improved Working Relationships. The program provides a buffer between you and your agents when there needs to be tough conversations about legal formalities.
Real Estate Team
Our real estate broker/agent practice area is led by:
Michael Hickman, practices in the areas of real estate, insurance, and commercial litigation. Hickman is a licensed California real estate broker, providing keen insight into the needs and challenges of California realtors. He regularly defends real estate agents and brokers and other professionals against errors and omissions claims, and handles landlord/tenant disputes, including unlawful detainer actions.
Sign Up for the Legal Support Program Today
With the increasing complexity of our real estate industry, agent access to an attorney is becoming ever more important to minimize legal exposure and risk and instill confidence in clients. Sign up for the Cummins & White Legal Support Program today. Your agents will have access to unlimited questions related to their real estate transactions, giving them an edge over the competition and allowing them to sell more homes without worrying about the legal fine print. Please call Michael Hickman at Cummins & White for more information or to sign up for the program. Michael can be reached at (949) 852–1800; email firstname.lastname@example.org.